The Student News Site of Dover Area High School

Dover Dispatch

Dover Dispatch

Dover Dispatch

Polls

Which pet is better?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Meet the team night held

Dover Area High School’s Winter Sports Meet The Team Night took place on Nov. 29 from 6:30-8:00 pm. 

Director of Athletics and Student Activities Dr. Troy Wiestling said,The event is an opportunity to introduce our student-athletes and coaches to the families and other teams participating in our winter season.  It is gratifying to see the excitement and enthusiasm of our student-athletes and coaches, as they prepare for the upcoming season.”

Wiestling hopes the event will encourage community members to attend high school sporting events that their children may not participate in. He said, “This is also an event that allows the other student-athletes to show support and encouragement to their fellow teams.  The teams and spectators attending the event were very supportive of each other the upcoming season.”

From a coach’s perspective, assistant swim coach Andrew Becker enjoys seeing all of the students who participate in winter events. He said, “I think it’s neat for everybody to see everybody, meaning swimmers can see others playing sports and for parents seeing who is in other sports as well. I always think it’s neat as the season goes on so we can see each other’s events from time to time.”

Senior girls basketball player Kaylee Bentzel likes that athletes get the opportunity to introduce themselves. “Girls basketball seniors read the roster of the players, and our coach talks about the team’s goals for the season and he said how we have a solid group of girls and think this team is going to take it all the way.”