The Student News Site of Dover Area High School

Dover Dispatch

Dover Dispatch

Dover Dispatch

Polls

Which pet is better?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Peyton Manning, the Real G.O.A.T.

INDIANAPOLIS – JANUARY 16: Quarterback Peyton Manning #18 of the Indianapolis Colts thows the ball against the Baltimore Ravens during the AFC Divisional Playoff Game at Lucas Oli Stadium on January 16, 2010 in Indianapolis, Indiana. (Photo by Andy Lyons/Getty Images) (Getty Images)

Peyton Manning is the greatest quarterback of all time to ever play in the NFL. There’s a multitude of reasons why Manning is the best even when compared to another QB considered the best of all time, Tom Brady.

Manning played with more injuries than Brady and still accomplished more passing touchdowns and passing yards in the time he played. Manning is also the only quarterback to have a winning record against Brady in the playoffs. According to ESPN, Manning holds five Most Valuable Player awards, which is the most any player has.

The dominance he had throughout his career turning a struggling Broncos team into an offensive powerhouse, making the Super Bowl two times in four years and winning once.

According to ESPN he holds the record for the most passing TDs in a single season with 55 and most passing yards in a season with 5,477.  In that season he also only threw 10 interceptions and had a passer rating of 115.1. 

With all of these stats it’s clear the dominance Manning had throughout his career. He was insanely talented and should be regarded as the Best of All time. He has battled neck injuries to the point where he had to almost relearn how to throw correctly with nerve damage in a disc in his vertebrae.

Despite all of the adversity Manning faced he pushed through and was an elite QB his whole career. He has some of the best seasons of any QB in NFL history and is widely regarded as one of the best. There is just way too many facts and statistics that prove and attest to why Peyton manning is just indisputably the best quarterback to ever play football.