The Student News Site of Dover Area High School

Dover Dispatch

Dover Dispatch

Dover Dispatch

Polls

Which pet is better?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Basketball tops Tech

On Dec. 1, the Dover Area High School Girls Basketball team had a victory against York Tech at the Gettysburg High School tournament.

Head Coach Cory Matthews said, “Getting that win was good for us so we can get the pressure off our shoulders to get that first win of the season and look forward to many more this season. Matthews has some changes he plans on making to the team based on this win.

He said, “After we beat York Tech we watched film and saw things that needed to be improved upon, and we have been working those items in our recent practices.”

Sophomore Melanie Thomas said,  “We did great. We played as a team and won both our JV and varsity games which felt good. We always enjoy beating York tech and are looking forward to doing it again in January.”

She agrees with the need of some change but overall is happy with the performance saying, “Everyone is having fun and that’s what matters the most to us. As for changes I would say possibly talking more on defense or on the court in general. But we’re looking forward to a great season with many wins to come!”