The Student News Site of Dover Area High School

Dover Dispatch

Dover Dispatch

Dover Dispatch

Polls

Which pet is better?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Motorcycles better than cars

PARIS, FRANCE – FEBRUARY 04: Vintage cars and motorbikes are displayed during an exhibition, by Bonhams auction house, at Le Grand Palais on February 4, 2015 in Paris, France. (Photo by Antoine Antoniol/Getty Images) (Getty Images)

There are many reasons that motorcycles are better than cars. One is gas mileage. A car achieves 25 miles per gallon where motorcycles achieve about twice that amount at 50 miles per gallon. 

Costs associated with ownership are also better for motorcycles. The cost of a motorcycle is around $5,000-$10,000 when cars tend to be around $35,000. It takes more horsepower to move heavy cars, so it costs more to drive cars. Because of cars weighing more, it takes a bigger engine to create more power. That costs more gas. That could be costly over time.

Repairs are better for motorcycles too. A motorcycle has less parts to replace. Cars have many parts with many changes needed throughout the year.

Maneuverability is also better with motorcycles. You can avoid crashes. You have a better view of what’s around you because of having a wider field of view due to the handle bars.

Motorcycles decrease traffic jams due to them being able to fit more bikes in a space that one car would be able to take up. Parking is also easier for motorcycles. Companies could cut costs on parking spaces if everyone rode a motorcycle.

Motorcycles are cool. They’re also just better than cars.