Harvesting Hope Festival held

Denise Paz-Guerrero, Opinion editor

On Saturday, Sept. 24, Project Harmony hosted its first Harvesting Hope event outside the Dover Area High School. Harvesting Hope brought together organizations from all over York County. This included vendors, food trucks, small businesses, Dover High School clubs, and entertainment. The idea behind this event was to bring the community together.

There were many vendors in the school parking lot selling a variety of items. The stands sold flowers, fall decorations, handmade goodies, jewelry, art designs, etc. School club organizations could also be found at the event. Some of these stations included the class of 2026’s fudge, Project Harmony’s origami & story time, as well as Ryan’s Hope booth, SADD’s art crafts, and FFA’s ‘zoo’. 

Numerous organizations also performed at the event. The Greater Dover Dance, the Temple Guard, and the Dover Drum Line all put on lovely performances.  

Junior Kaylen Floyd, a Project Harmony volunteer said, “I definitely enjoyed myself…and the fudge! The vendors were super nice and the prices were reasonable. I think the event was well put together and I’m excited for the next event!”

Junior Megan Yiengst, a Project Harmony volunteer said, “I really enjoyed hanging out with all of the Project Harmony members and community members. I got to walk around and talk with some of the vendors and see their amazing products and activities. I am looking forward to doing it again!” 

Project Harmony is Dover Area High School’s student-led diversity club. The club hopes this event will be held every year.