The Student News Site of Dover Area High School

Dover Dispatch

Dover Dispatch

Dover Dispatch

Polls

Which pet is better?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Williar named November student of the month

Senior Savannah Williar was awarded November student of the month. She was nominated by science teacher Matthew Spahr, choir teacher Samantha Roberts, and math teacher Pamelyn Snyder.

Teachers nominate students every month that they feel demonstrate PROUD behavior in and out of the classroom. These students then get awarded a certificate and pin.

Williar’s work ethic is pretty high. “My course load is pretty rigorous and I am involved in many clubs outside the classroom,” she says. She believes it’s important to get things done in a timely manner and give it her best effort.

Snyder says Williar’s work ethic is fantastic. She said, “She is always willing to jump in and do what it takes to make things better.” Snyder looks for “students who are engaged, hardworking, and go above and beyond.”

Snyder nominated Williar because she watched her grow as a student, “This year what stuck out was her involvement and leadership roles.”

Williar believes she was nominated because of the role she has taken in the building. “I hold multiple office positions for multiple clubs, and am preparing for my future career in education through my independent study with Ms. Snyder. This class gives me the opportunity to actually see what being a teacher entails and provides me with responsibilities that normal classes would not.” Snyder says that Williar is a leader in our school. 

Williar hopes to follow in Snyder’s footsteps. “I plan on majoring in secondary math education at Millersville in the fall and becoming a teacher.”

The nomination does show Williar that her hard work has not gone unrecognized. “I look up to all three of those teachers. They are my daily inspiration and guide as I work through my senior year, and their recognition and nominations have only made me want to work harder and be the best that I can be.”