The Student News Site of Dover Area High School

Dover Dispatch

Dover Dispatch

Dover Dispatch

Polls

Which pet is better?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Christmas festival held at fire hall

Dover Area High School’s (DAHS) National Honor Society (NHS) hosted their second annual Christmas Festival at the Dover Fire Hall on Nov 24. Senior and organizer of the event Abby Shedlock said,”Our main goal for this year is to make the festival a good and fun time for the community. We wanted to create an event where families and friends can come and celebrate the beginning of the holidays together in a local setting.” 

However, happiness and fun come after much work and this rings true for the amount of time and work made in preparation for the festival. “This year, the other officers, supervisors, and I began planning at the end of last year. As the school year began, we got right to work about contacting food truck vendors and started to come up with a plan of what organizations we wanted there, if the festival was going to be held inside or outside, and who we wanted to perform,” Shedlock said.

Along with preparing for the activities that would be at the event, there were necessary precautions that were taken in case of weather conditions. Advisor of NHS and science teacher Matthew Spahr said, “Last year, the wind and cold weather became a bit of an issue with some of our crafts and decorations blowing around.  This year we will be holding the entire event inside the Dover Borough Fire Hall, with our performances and food/drink options upstairs and our crafts, activities, and Santa Meet and Greet in the downstairs area.”

With the necessary precautions taken and the preparations underway, the Christmas Festival had one last goal to meet. Shedlock said,“NHS would also like to give recognition to the different clubs, organizations, and vendors participating in the festival for all of the good and hard work that they put into the school, their work, and the community.”