The Student News Site of Dover Area High School

Dover Dispatch

Dover Dispatch

Dover Dispatch

Polls

Which pet is better?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Football finishes in the first round

This year, Dover Area High School’s football team went 7-4. After making it to the first round of playoffs, they lost to Conestoga Valley 40-9. Overall, it seems like the players and coaches are happy with the season.

Senior Quarterback Aric Campbell talked about how he feels his teammates played of offense. He said, “They all played a big role in our offense and overall did a very good job and I’m glad that I had the offense we had.”

Campbell also believes the season could have gone better, he said, “Definitely could have been better, I think we didn’t take the opportunity that we had and really just soak it in and focus on just that but everything we did was very much something I’ll never forget and I hope my teammates don’t forget either.”

Coach Peter Bowen talked about how it felt making playoffs two years in a row. He said, “Making the playoffs in my opinion is nice. It is validation for your team that you have had a successful season and have as much of a chance as the other 11 teams in your district to compete for the ultimate prize. As far as making it 2 years in a row, I am happy that it has occurred and am hopeful that it will become a new standard for what our current athletes can expect from a season.

Preparing for next season, they plan to continue what they did in the past. Bowen said, “Being complacent with what has previously occurred will not make us successful in the future. We need to have the mindset that it has not been enough. That process will begin in January with lifting and continue into the springtime where we will have morning sessions as well as on field workouts. During the summer players will continue to acquire skills and learn concepts 4 days a week until we get to showcase our efforts next season.”

The players and coaches seem very content and grateful for how the season went.