The Student News Site of Dover Area High School

Dover Dispatch

Dover Dispatch

Dover Dispatch

Polls

Which pet is better?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Seniors and freshmen take powderpuff victory

The Powderpuff game took place on Thursday, November 9 at the Dover Area Middle School football field. The freshmen and seniors team came out victorious, winning 30-28 against the junior and sophomore team.

The senior and freshman team took an early lead, up 20-10 in the first quarter. Their opponents brought the score within two in the second half. 

Senior and president of the varsity club Savannah Williar gave her take on this year’s Powderpuff game—“Powderpuff has been a huge success in the past, and the officers and I wanted to keep the tradition going. It’s a great opportunity to get the student body involved and it’s something fun for everyone to do together,” she stated.

Williar had a few goals for this year’s matchup. “The main goal I had for powderpuff this year was to get as many people involved as possible. This is my third time doing powderpuff and I’ve always had a great time doing it, and as the president of the varsity club I want to be able to share the memories and fun with as many people as possible.” Williar has done Powderpuff for three years and has enjoyed the games she’s played in so far.

Counselor and varsity club advisor Mark Smith is responsible for bringing back the event. “The event was stopped after there were fights on the field several years back before Covid shut all events down. I was happy to support the varsity club officers to bring the event back. To be honest it is also one of our best fundraisers,” Smith said. 

The students have been showing their best PROUD behavior on and off the field, in hopes no other fights cause the event to shut down once more.

Along with some of his favorite moments from these past years, Smith stated he enjoyed having all of the girls spend their time together to work on their own skills to create a functional team.

View Comments (1)