Ryan Reynolds NOT hot

Getty Images

NEW YORK, NY – MAY 02: Ryan Reynolds attends the premiere of “Pokemon Detective Pikachu” at Military Island in Times Square on May 2, 2019 in New York City. (Photo by Steven Ferdman/Getty Images)

Mikayla Carpenter, Staff Writer

Ryan Reynolds is a Canadian actor that starred in Deadpool, Free Guy, Avengers, and Green Lantern, and recently, there has been a lot of debate on whether Reynolds is hot or not. Some of my classmates were asked their opinion on the subject. The majority said that Reynolds is not hot.

I noticed there was a pattern in who thought he was hot and who thought he wasn’t. Almost all the straight male students said that they consider him to be hot. Most female students said that Reynolds is not hot. Some of my classmates and I have come up with a possible reason for these results. 

My first possible reason is straight men could be comparing themselves to Reynolds, which makes them think that he is hot. Another possible reason is the roles he plays. A lot of the Marvel fan base is made up of men, making some men more familiar with his characters. My theory is that people make him seem more attractive because of the role he plays and his personality. 

I disagree completely. I do not consider Reynolds to be “hot”. I feel that his facial features are mediocre. We have seen this look before, and it is just plain boring. He is similar to food with no seasoning. Like potatoes. For example, potatoes are okay without any extra seasoning, but put some gravy and seasoning on them and they can be amazing. Reynolds is just not giving that spice that we need.

Reynolds is that plain, seasonless, bland potato that no one wants. He could be at that point, but he just isn’t there. Yes, he is more attractive than the average male, but he is NOT hot.