The Student News Site of Dover Area High School

Dover Dispatch

Dover Dispatch

Dover Dispatch

Polls

Which pet is better?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

All that glitters should be gold

Gold, silver rings and chains of different styles are lying together on the reflecting surface (Getty Images/iStockphoto)

If you wear jewelry, it should be gold. Gold is the only thing that any jewelry should be made out of. I think gold jewelry looks better on everyone. 

There are many reasons why gold jewelry is better than silver jewelry. For example, gold jewelry takes less maintenance than silver jewelry. Silver jewelry will tarnish quicker than gold jewelry. Silver jewelry is a softer metal than gold is, so it will get messed up quicker than gold jewelry would. Gold jewelry is much easier to identify than silver jewelry. Gold jewelry is often stamped to show that it is real gold.  

While gold jewelry may be more expensive compared to silver, it is usually a better quality. It is more appealing to the eyes, and silver jewelry looks cheap in comparison to gold.

Gold jewelry compliments every skin tone in comparison to silver jewelry that only looks good on certain skin tones.

Gold jewelry also looks better with most outfits, as well as looking better with different types of stones you may put on a ring, necklace, or bracelet.

Furthermore, gold accessories look better than silver accessories. Gold belts look better than silver belts, and gold chains on purses and wallets look better compared to silver chains.

Gold jewelry catches the eyes of potential buyers like myself in the store more than silver jewelry would. When it is on the person,  it catches the eye of others more as well.

All jewelry should be made out of gold. It makes for better looking and better quality jewelry, and gold jewelry would look better on everyone.