Repp sings his way into NAfME All-Eastern Choir

Jaleelah Cheema, Staff Writer

Senior Bobby Repp was chosen to perform in the 2023 eastern division of NAfME (National Association for Music Education) and honors ensemble. The 58th annual NAfME eastern choir is hosted by the New York State School Music Association (NYSSMA) in Rochester, NY.

Repp competed with students from twelve other state districts on the east coast. Repp said, “My motivation for singing is to be the best version of myself. I’ve always wanted to be better than my last performance. If I don’t succeed with this goal, I push harder than ever to make my next performance the best I’ve ever had.”

Repp knew he had a shot. His passion was the drive to get him here. He said, “My passion for music has always been a big part of my life. I remember in elementary school when I’d get in trouble for singing in class. I have always had excitement for learning music and plan on keeping that with me forever.”

Repp remembers always wanting to sing. He said, “No matter the setting, from being in Walmart to being part of a wedding, I was always caught singing my heart out.”

Some of his biggest inspiration have been his teachers. Choir Director Samantha Roberts thinks highly of Repp. She said, “His talent impacts my rehearsal. He is a very talented singer, and my choir sounds better because of him. His confidence in his singing also encourages other students in the choir to sing out.”