The Student News Site of Dover Area High School

Dover Dispatch

Dover Dispatch

Dover Dispatch

Polls

Which pet is better?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Overmiller excited to coach

First-year head coach for Dover Boys’ basketball, Dan Overmiller.

Dover boys basketball is under new coaching for the 2023-2024 season. Daniel Overmiller replaces former coach Fauci. 

Overmiller has been a coach for 20 plus years at multiple schools, including Dover 20 years ago as a freshman coach. Overmiller said, “I love the game of basketball.”

Junior Nathan Cooper is excited about having Overmiller at the helm. He says that the new coach is “dedicated to winning and making us better.”

The boys basketball team has a large coaching staff that is “very excited to work with the boys.” Their plan this season for the boys is to “instill confidence” and believe that they are capable of winning every game.

Cooper thinks the methods Overmiller is introducing will work better compared to the previous coach. Junior Bronson Link agrees with Cooper and the methods of his new coach. Link said, “Our new coach he focuses on the positive and allows us to talk to each other as a team to figure out what we need to fix, or do better in the second half.” 

Overmiller has high standards for the young men on his team, “pursuing excellence in all they do on and off the basketball court.” He wants them to grow from the lessons he’s teaching them on the court, and also have them grow as members of society.

Cooper thinks the season will be affected positively with the new coach. “I think it’ll be positive because just in the first couple days he’s making us feel like a team again.” 

Link agrees “It’s clear to see he knows what he is doing and that the whole team believes in his philosophies and we are working in the right direction.”