The Student News Site of Dover Area High School

Dover Dispatch

Dover Dispatch

Dover Dispatch

Polls

Which pet is better?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Mini-Thon hosts Turkey Trot

This year the Mini-Thon committee is planning several events to raise money for the Four Diamonds. On November 18, they will be hosting a turkey trot event at the cross country course at North Salem Elementary.

Mini-Thon advisor Teri Marlowe says, “This year we are doing more than we have done in the past to be able to raise more money and to bring more awareness to the cause.”

Marlowe also says “The Four Diamonds Fund takes the financial worry out of childhood cancer and allows families to focus on their child getting better.”

Senior Mini-Thon Captain Allison Albin said to get involved students “can contact Mrs.Krebs or Mrs.Marlowe… It is amazing to be a part of an organization that donates all proceeds to helping kids with cancer.”

Anyone can come out to support Mini-Thon and help raise money for the Four Diamonds Fund. Albin said, “The more people that know about Mini-Thon, the more successful it will be and the more money we will be able to raise.”

The Turkey Trot on November 18th starts at 9 a.m. Marlowe adds, “Anyone that wants to get involved should definitely do it – even if they aren’t a runner! Participants can walk the course and we also need people to volunteer to help out.”

Albin also says, “For the Turkey Trot, my main goal is to get the whole community involved, and not just our school.”