The Student News Site of Dover Area High School

Dover Dispatch

Dover Dispatch

Dover Dispatch

Polls

Which pet is better?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Students stage It’s a Wonderful Life

Dover Area High School’s Drama Department will be performing It’s a Wonderful Life on November 17 and 18 at 7:00 p.m. starring freshman Joshua Myers as character George Bailey along with several other students involved in the drama department, led by the guidance of Director Jamie Brandstadter. This production is especially important to the Drama Department. Involved students and faculty wish to create an emotional impact throughout the course of this play that will emphasize a larger theme of the story. 

This production is mostly student-run, which makes it so much more commendable as students execute such mature objectives. Myers plans to employ his crucial role to assert a sense of worthiness to the crowd. He says, “My intention is to use this play to show people that they matter, that they are an important part in everyone else’s lives.”

Brandstadter intends to enlighten the crowd with the universal message of the impact we all have on one another. This play focuses on the little things that make our lives what they are, and the people who make differences that often go unnoticed. Brandstadter has shared that, “There are so many people in our lives who make a tremendous difference”, and she wishes for her production to remind the audience to pay tribute to those people. Brandstadter relates to the theme of the play as she appreciates the minor things that make the drama department a wholesome and loving community, ultimately making this play special for her and her role within. 

The department relates to the theme of the play as they each embody their respective role in the play, all being necessary components of success. Brandstadter confirms that everyone involved fulfills what is expected of them and understands that each role matters— from leads, to ensemble, to stage crew to tech crew. Audience members will see how the theme of the play reflects the community of the department. 

The community of the Dover Drama Department urges everyone to come out to support the hard work and dedication many students and administrators have put into the fall 2023 play production of It’s a Wonderful Life