The Student News Site of Dover Area High School

Dover Dispatch

Dover Dispatch

Dover Dispatch

Polls

Which pet is better?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Boys Basketball Back and Bouncing

Dover boys’ basketball players- Ian Ifill and Bronson Link. Alongside them is new head coach Dan Overmiller.

The Dover Area High School (DAHS) boys basketball team is excited to kick off the 2023-24 season with a new coach. After a record of 0-12 in the league and 1-20 overall in the 2022-23 season, head coach Daniel Overmiller is putting in the work to improve this season.

Overmiller said he plans to “prepare the players to compete at their highest collective potential.” Overmiller also stated that the team needs to make sure they are “believing in the coaching staff, themselves, and their teammates” to win every game on the calendar. 

The team is also looking forward to competing in all of the games this season, some more than others. Senior Ian Ifill is looking forward to playing West York as he believes it will be the most challenging game. He said, “We have completely changed a lot of things this year and have been working hard to surprise them the next time we play them.” 

Each player is individually dedicated to the team as well. Junior Nathan Cooper says he “has been playing for 11 years” and is excited to improve from their past records. Ifill also said that he joined this year “to win and beat all the teams we lost to” as he is a senior and this is his last year playing.

Their first game of the 2023-2024 season will be on Monday, Nov. 27 at 6:00 pm at Hanover High School.