The Student News Site of Dover Area High School

Dover Dispatch

Dover Dispatch

Dover Dispatch

Polls

Which pet is better?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Eagles hoopers set for season

Dover girls basketball is starting soon, and it looks like it’s going to be a good season.

Senior Kaylee Bentzel believes that Northeastern will be the most difficult game. She said, “We always have a hard time beating them.”

Assistant Coach Chris Day agrees, “It’s always a hard game,” but he said “I’m expecting big things this year”.

Last year the team had a very strong senior group, so they are looking forward to seeing how the girls will perform without them. Day said, “Overall I think this year we will play better as a team.”

Bentzel said, “I think the change will be positive” when talking about how the loss of the seniors will affect the team.

Day believes the team will play better this year compared to last. He says, “I think it will be a whole lot better, we are gaining talent not losing it.”

Last season the team won five out of the 25 games played. They are hoping to improve their record this year. Day believes so strongly in the team. He said, “This will be the team to take it all the way.” He, along with Head Coach Corey Matthews, have new strategies they believe will be able to lead the team to success. 

The girls have been doing a lot of team bonding in hopes that it will help them play better on the court together. Day is impressed by the girls teamwork and progress so far this season. He thinks Vo-Tech will be a great game for people to come out and see. He said, “I want us to blow them out of the water.”

Their first game is Nov 25 at 10:00 A.M. against Greencastle.