The Student News Site of Dover Area High School

Dover Dispatch

Dover Dispatch

Dover Dispatch

Polls

Which pet is better?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Wear yer’ diapers for Field of Screams

20-foot Pumpkin King greets you at the start of the Haunted Hayride.

Strobe lights, piercing screams, and the scent of sickness pervade on a chilling night at America’s number one haunted attraction- Field of Screams! Four frightening attractions: Haunted Hayride, Den of Darkness, Frightmare Asylum, and Nocturnal Wasteland.

Haunted Hayride tours through several scenes. Three rooms are enclosed and leave you with no escape- only to face a crazed scientist and deranged hillbillies creeping to your side to keep you on the edge. Slaughtered pigs hung by hooks and sounds of roaring chainsaw blades against your skin- the level of intensity adds to the fear of what’s to come, immersing your soul into constant fear! 

A 3-story barn where the doctor’s operating room is waiting for you- Den of Darkness offers the thrill of a lifetime! In a crawl space, you’re demanded, “Get on your hands and knees!” by the vicious creatures to get through a narrow passageway littered with spiders and dead bodies; you must crawl over if you want to get out. 

Brace yourself- 4 floors of frightening terror at the Frightmare Asylum! Encounter a dentist performing eerie experiments on unfortunate victims- you could be next if you don’t make it out alive. Weave your way down steeply-sloped steps and beware of the next corner- for it is your last turn of the journey on the Frightmare Asylum.

Monsters are hiding and waiting to cross paths with you- Nocturnal Wasteland is home to these beasts! Inhabitants take pleasure in your screams for help out of the wasteland. Roaming around you, in your face, reaching out to touch you- assuring you are not to escape. 

Grasp your friend’s arm; if you’re alone- fend for yourself at Field of Screams! Come here, and you will experience a sensational fear not to be forgotten.