Teachers Get PROUD Recognition

Emmanuel Palmer, Staff writer

This school year the high school introduced “Shout It Out Proud”. This was created to give teachers recognition and give their colleagues a chance to appreciate them and their work. 

Principal Jen Fasick said, “It was created to acknowledge and recognize staff for their efforts in the building and for our students.”

Teachers are nominated by the staff and administration for their efforts and assistance. These awards are aimed at the teachers that go “above and beyond” their job description. Fasick states that “all teachers who are nominated are given a Shout Out from that person or it may be anonymous.” 

The students can’t nominate teachers at the moment, but it’s something that Fasick and the other faculty members are looking forward to in the future. As of right now, it’s only faculty members who can nominate other faculty members. Fasick said, “We are talking about having the ability for students to nominate, as well, but we are just starting with the adults for now.” For someone to receive a Shout Out more than one time isn’t surprising; it happens often.

Fasick said, “We have an amazing staff, and we are glad a simple campaign like Shout It Out Proud gives the faculty a platform to recognize each other.”

Shout it Out Proud is something that should definitely stay around for the school. This award shows all the wonderful things the teachers do and showcases each person individually for all their accomplishments. The campaign is expected to be going on all year round, and hopefully the next school year as well.