Freshmen Adapt to High School

Isabellah Kohler, Staff Writer

Freshmen entered the new building in August and are still adjusting to the high school.  For younger people, change is hard, and coming into a new school is a big thing in a young person’s life. Now that a marking period is behind them, some freshmen feel they’ve done well with the change.

Freshman Madison Sibert feels she is adapting well to the high school and got used to the new school fast. She said the key is not to “try too hard to fit in. There are so many different people in the high school, so just be yourself.”

Though cliques can be common, Sibert said, “It’s almost impossible to not find a group you fit in with.”

Freshman Emily Tracy feels she has more independence and freedom in the high school than she did in the middle school. Tracy also feels as though the teachers are helping her adjust to the school. She said it was definitely a change from the middle school. Her advice to classmates is to “Get all your all your work in time because the due dates keep up on you.”

Freshman Aiden Kingston has set some big goals for high school. One of Kingston’s biggest accomplishments is getting A’s and B’s on his school work. Kingston is doing well adjusting to the school and feels more freedom in the school instead of the “middle school teachers being on your back constantly.” He said he’s learned to “just listen; listen and do the work.”