Hasson commits for college

Senior Kelsey Hasson signs her national letter of intent with her parents and brother, senior Jacob Hasson.

Trinity Walker, Staff Writer

Senior volleyball player Kelsey Hasson committed to play at Davis and Elkins College.

Hasson, who has played for six years considered playing for a few colleges such as Penn State York, Penn State Abington, Seton Hill Clarks Summit University, Slippery Rock, Wilson College and a few others before she decided on Davis and Elkins college. “I chose D&E because of their coaching staff, the campus, and most importantly how it would better my education,” Hasson said. Out of all the colleges she visited, Hasson said that D&E had the most educational houses. It also gave her the perfect opportunity to get out of state and explore.

Despite playing for six years, Hasson is still excited to learn more about the sport she loves with two new coaches and a new amazing team. “I’m looking forward to the new people I will meet and the relationships I will make with them”, Hasson said. She’s looking forward to what the future holds for her along with what relationships she’ll make along the way.

Looking back at her high school career, Hasson said, “One of my career highlights for high school volleyball would definitely be going to states my freshman year.” Hasson had good relationships with the girls on her team, and she enjoyed being on the team with them.

Hasson also enjoyed playing club volleyball. She said, “A career highlight for me in travel volleyball would be serving out a game to win 25-4 in Pittsburgh.”

Although there is a promising career path for her, Hasson doesn’t plan on actually making volleyball her career and just wants to play for college.

Hasson also had some amazing advice for any other students looking to play sports or for anyone who’s already playing. “My number one piece of advice to student athletes would be to stay positive and be a team player on and off the court, and or field, because coaches care more about your attitude and work ethic than your skill level. Also, anything you put your mind to you can achieve with the right attitude.”