Eagle ballers look forward to normal season

Claire Matz, Staff Writer

Basketball season is fast approaching, and the Lady Eagles are ready to hit the court.

Senior Brooke Bowman said, “Our team this year has a chance of winning more games if we all put in the work. Working as a team on and off the court is one of the most important things for this season.” 

The girls team also has a relatively new coach this year, Marley Bonilla. Bonilla said, “I started out at the junior high level at York Catholic. I love coaching the girls basketball team at Dover high school!” She said nothing but good things about the girls on the team. “The team is awesome, and they are setting goals for us to achieve.”

Since Bowman is a senior she has a few games that she is looking forward to.  “The game that I’m looking forward to the most is the final home game. This game is against a team we have a chance of beating, and it’s also senior night. This will be the last game for Michaela (Fink), Paris (Dugan), and myself.”

Junior Elisee Okenge says that, “Our schedule, game wise, seems very packed this year.” She added that “last year’s schedule was shortened due to covid.”

Bonilla said, “I am looking forward to my three seniors leading a great group of young ladies and to all the games this year just because we have a full schedule. Last year we weren’t able to because of covid so I’m super excited to put everyone on our schedule this year.”

Okenge says that she’s excited for the games, “I’m looking forward to playing Milton Hershey and Central because I really like the way their schools look, and I just overall enjoy playing against them.” 

Overall the upcoming girls basketball season looks very promising to have some wins. Okenge says, “I think  the team will do well this year. We have worked hard to fix all the things that we need to improve and we’ve gotten so much better.”