Trunk or Treat held at NSE

Denise Paz-Guerrero, Staff Writer

North Salem Elementary hosted their traditional Trunk or Treat event last Thursday, October 28. It was an exciting event that led up to Halloween and gave the students another chance to get some candy! Students dressed in Halloween costumes were able to go from one vehicle to another and receive different Halloween treats, along with other community members who attended. 

Although the older students may have felt they were too old for the ‘trick or treat’ aspect, some did enjoy the ‘trunk or treat’ aspect. Sophomore Lindsay Knuab stated, “I had a lot of fun decorating my car with my grandmother, and it was nice handing out candy to all the kids that showed up. It was definitely an enjoyable experience.”

Parents, teachers, staff, the Dover Fire Department, Berks Home, and the school’s custodial staff participated in the event by decorating their vehicles for the event and handing out treats to the students. One car was decorated as a gumball machine. Another one had a skeleton theme, and one vehicle was themed as a candy world. 

During the event, there was also a raffle. The raffle consisted of baskets including items such as candy and other treats. A few winners have been announced on the North Salem School’s Facebook page.