Staying positive is the only way to keep thriving

Stephanie Villafañe

This pandemic that we are struggling with for the past month has been difficult for many families. It’s been killing people some people and forcing others to stay indoors and leading people towards negative thoughts on how this pandemic can get much worse. To get through this, we all need to look for hope, to think about the bright side.

People are noticing how others are reacting towards this outbreak. “Some people think this is a joke and aren’t taking it seriously, but there’s also people that are blowing this way out of proportion and buy 20 hand sanitizer bottles in the store as if it’s the end of the world. I think as a society, we should all remain calm and stay distant so that we can get over this pandemic,” said Zachary Stump, a student at Dover Area High School. With people blowing things out of proportion, the world would just be in chaos all the time. It would lead people to think that there’s really no way to get through this.

This situation that we are facing is truly unfortunate, but some students are able to look on the bright side of things. “This quarantine is most definitely not an easy thing, however, I do think it gives people a chance to regroup and settle life down a little. Especially for students, I think it is important during this time to catch up on missed sleep, allowing themselves to get a healthy amount. Additionally, I think this opens time to get organized or even pick up a new hobby,” said junior Amaya Kilburn. Creating activities for us to enjoy helps us to be occupied, to forget what is happening at least for a little bit, and staying positive is a way for us to keep on pushing through this outbreak and beating it.