FFA to host spirit week

Madelyn Reed, Features Editor

“Learning to Do, Doing to Learn, Earning to Live, Living to Serve” is the current motto of Future Farmers of America. FFA is a youth organization that changes lives by helping to prepare members and students for leadership, personal growth and career success. 

Each year there are different branches of the FFA organization around the world that celebrate national FFA week. This is a unique way to show what FFA is and to show appreciation towards FFA members. National FFA week is held from Feb. 23 to Feb. 29. Dover is supporting the FFA organization by holding a “spirit week.” Monday is for FFA members only, and they are to wear one of their conference shirts. The rest of the week includes theme days for all students and staff:

Tuesday- America Day

Wednesday- Hunting Day

Thursday- Official Dress for FFA Members, Blue and Gold for Everyone else

Friday- Flannel Day

If you would like to learn more about FFA, or if you are interested in joining, contact Mrs. Barzydlo, Mr. Bowen or Mrs. Marsh or one of the student officers. Junior Sierra Weaver is President of the Dover FFA; and junior Caleb Staples is Vice President. Other officers include junior Faith Scearce, sophomore Grace Benton, sophomore Amelia Wilt, sophomore Brianna Grim, junior Connor DePatto, and senior Mazie Sterner. You could also plan to attend the committee meeting on Friday, February 28 after school.