Eagles best Bulldog track team

Savannah Williar, Staff Writer

On April 27, our track teams traveled to our rival school, West York, for one of the final meets of the season. This meet was much anticipated, as are many sporting events against the West York Bulldogs, and left us with many personal records and memories. Head Coach Joshua Brandstadter was over the moon about our Eagles dominating the Bulldogs on the track, and commented that, “everyone did a great job.”

He also beamed about some personal records from our boys and girls teams, “Two of our boys, (sophomore distance runners) Jayce Corbin and Camdyn Buohl ran sub-5:00 miles. Both the boys’ and girls’ 4×100 meter teams achieved personal records. (Senior thrower) Carson Snelbaker achieved a personal record in shot put.” Senior distance runner Aaliyah Matthews said, “we did not really have much competition on the girls side for our events so I was not as stressed.” Matthews received first place in the open 400 and set a new personal record. Another notable accomplishment from this meet comes from junior thrower Brooke Bowman, throwing 30’ 4.5” in the shot put, setting a new personal best. Despite the inclement weather, the Eagles managed to best the Bulldogs, with the girls winning 114-32, and the boys 84-66.