Seniors honored with awards ceremony

Cheyenne Goff, Staff Writer

Dover Area High School held its annual Scholastic Awards Ceremony on Wednesday, May 19. A total of 31 students were recognized, with some earning multiple awards or scholarships.

Brooke Berkheimer was awarded the Social Studies Department Award. She was voted top student by the History Department, and said she was very grateful for the History Department as this will be helping in future endeavors. She hopes to someday become an American History teacher. She was also recognized for her athletic achievements for her dedication and involvement in her high school cheerleading career.

Maya Fetrow was recognized by several departments and organizations. She received the PA Motor Trucking Association Scholarship, which her father has ties to with his job. She wrote an essay for them explaining how she, in the future, would be helping the industry. She wrote about health issues that truckers face because she is looking into pursuing a career in the medical field. She also won the Spanish Award and plans to minor in Spanish in college. She thanks Spanish teacher Ashley Golden for taking her all the way to Spanish IV and encouraging her to minor in it in college. She also won the Dover Elementary PTO award. She said she loved going back to visit students and previous teachers through the Adopt-A-Classroom program.